Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tell Me Your Story

"The Eyes are the window to your soul”  -William Shakespeare

I've always believed you can read a persons story by looking into their eyes. I guess Shakespeare believed the same thing. #stolen

He was the all American boy. Brown hair, big laugh, bright blue eyes. The oceans churned every time he looked at me. His soul was calm and warm like a summer breeze. Sadly, I've found I like way the sand feels between my toes more than the salt water in my nose.

She never liked the color green. Still, the forest grows in her eyes. Boys take caution, it's easy to get lost amongst the beauty of the trees.


He thinks brown eyes are boring. His soul smells of cinnamon. I try to tell him "everyone likes the taste of milk chocolate." I've always liked aura of sweet dark amber. He doesn't know I've had cinnamon candles in my room for as long as I can remember. 


Remember when our eyes were full of eagerness and hope? Last time I walked the halls they were full of tears, drowsiness, and pupils the size of the moon. You didn't have an appointment with an eye doctor.

The teachers see us, but sadly few of us see ourselves.

I see you. I see a glimpse of your soul. I see beauty, courage, disappointment, love, fear, kindness, hate, boredom, and fascination. 

No matter the color of your eyes you're brilliant and beautiful and unique.

So wipe the tears that have been falling for months.

Look at yourself in the mirror and smile.

Your soul is beautiful. So read me your story. I've been dying to hear it.


3 comments:

  1. Yeeeeeeeeeeah. This post has everything I love in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The line about seeing yourself. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm way behind on reading but this was amazing and I loved every bit of it

    (When I was a kid I wanted blue eyes and was mad I was stuck with brown ones)

    ReplyDelete