Sunday, February 1, 2015

i guess I'm having fun

If my life goes as fast these past 3 years have gone then I will be 84 by next week.
Every time I blink I am one year older and not much wiser.
4 periods seems like an eternity, but some where between 1st lunch and 2nd lunch I wound up in my senior year. Being honest I wouldn't know how grueling eternity can be because I haven't been to all 4 periods this entire year.
My bags are all packed, but I'm not ready to say my good byes.
2 years is too long.
Maybe if we measured time in songs instead of days it wouldn't seem so daunting.
A lot can happen in an album. Mostly because he looks so beautiful when he sings.
During "gossamer" I've gained 10 pounds, gained a pessimistic attitude, and finally understand why people always say "time flies when you're having fun."
I must be having the time of my life. 
You know if I could rename senior year I would name it "bitter-sweet".
Freshman
Sophomore
Junior
Bitter-Sweet
There are so many bitter things about high school. The traffic in the morning. (yes I am one of those ass wholes who cuts every one off. Sorry. Actually I'm only kind of sorry) The gross couples who think it's okay to be in love at school. It's not. The smell. The bathrooms. The awkward eye contact in the hall ways.

Thankfully,  there are these moments that are sweet. Those, those are moments we will remember when we are wrinkly by next Sunday. I will remember how hard I laughed at homecoming. I will remember my first kiss. I will remember seeing Britt after he got back from Hawaii. I will remember being a wild cat for a day. I will remember the baby powder at the football game. I will remember car surfing. I will remember falling in love with writing in Mr. Nelsons class. I will remember going insane with the one and only, Natalie Pliler. I will remember nights in the rain that took my breathe away. I will remember my first ceramics class. I will remember the night we won state. I will remember our first date. I will remember New Years Eve 2012. I will remember the nights that were so sweet I was high from the sugar rush.
Luckily, I've always had a sweet tooth. I've always craved those moments. Let me share some wisdom with you. Get in really close so you can hear it. Some times, sweet moments just fall right in your lap. But most of the time, you have to make your own. Find your own sugar in the vegetable isle. High school (and life) will be much more enjoyable.

I hope to see you all at our 25th class reunion. We will all laugh about the sweet moments because the bitter ones have drifted out of our ears. We can all laugh and reminisce the time we all forced people to kiss on top of cars and podiums. We can talk about the time we set goats amongst the school. We can talk about the time we took a trip to Paris. The city was so beautiful. The dessert was so sweet. Leaving was so bitter.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely.

    Measuring time in songs. What the, that's brilliant. Nostalgia + Brilliance = this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Maybe if we measured time in songs instead of days it wouldn't seem so daunting."

    love it mccall

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i liked this a lot. super nostalgia. just fresh. ill even.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Get in really close so you can hear it."

    this got me && man i liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^^same line as JJ. love love. bitter-sweet for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, I loved it even more in class when you performed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "A lot can happen in an album"
    So true so true so true

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you started talking about all the memories...I legit got emotional.
    I love mccall

    ReplyDelete