Sunday, May 24, 2015

Class of 2015

I never thought I would hear the fat lady sing. 

I remember 6th grade graduation and now here I am. 

She truly has a beautiful voice. 

McCall Andrus. An 18 year old girl who spends too much time alone wondering why she doesn't feel lonely. 

I love my friends. High school has been great. But this chapter is over. My favorite part of the book is just beginning. 

The part where mom and dad become friends not parents. The part where boys get less annoying. (Hopefully) This is the part when I make dumb decisions but laugh instead of cry. The part where 1 am is really 9 pm. The part when every night is Friday night. The part where spontaneous trips can and will happen. 

I'm also afraid. Afraid of marriage hungry RMs. Afraid I will hate where I live. Afraid I will gain the freshman 15. Afraid I won't miss him. Or you. Or her. Afraid I will get sick of people. Afraid I won't make friends. Afraid I'll hate all the die hard Cougars. And honestly I will. 

But I am not afraid of high school ending. Although this was an amazing chapter, I can't wait to turn the page. 

So if you need some courage for this next year take my advice. 

Life is what you make it. So make better and better everyday. 

Good bye Paris, you truly were breathtaking in the moon light. 


With all my love, McCall. 



3 comments:

  1. one of your best.

    Because, it made me feel more optimistic about all this. Thank you for your words, ill miss them McCall:)

    ReplyDelete