Friday, September 26, 2014

Head trauma

My life was concrete, my friends were concrete, floral pants were concrete. Then I had my first day at lone peak high school. 

I met a boy. He made my heart run 4 5ks. He showed me how to share lips like secrets. He even said I love you. 
He threw the first brick.
He shattered my heart into 98.5 pieces.

My friends suddenly had other interests. Laughing at mean jokes. Never noticing I was standing alone. They threw the next brick. At my teenage, fragile heart. 

Floral pants. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I'll throw a brick at myself for that one.

But that's the funny things about bricks. 
They break your window but build your favorite house. 

Maybe the bricks are my real friends.  

That boy doesn't even like my weird kisses. He never laughs at my awkward dance moves. He's not right for me. And I needed a brick to the head to be awakened from his spell. 

Maybe that brick had my back because those "friends" don't even remember my birthday.

We can't blame the bricks for sophomore year. I don't think bricks care about fashion at all. 

Bricks only hurt us when we are using them to build the wrong house.

I found a guy who kisses me weirdly back and will dance in the rain with me all night long. 

I found friends who will bake me 30 cakes on my birthday. Or just sit with me it I need them to. We have more fun then 
the lost boys. 


I found my true love. Anthropologie. 

I may have a few concussions but I would take some head aches over a house I don't even want to live in. 

So thank you bricks. For the migraines, head pains, and a full life I wouldn't trade my right arm for.

With love, 
Gemma.

6 comments:

  1. "But that's the funny things about bricks.
    They break your window but build your favorite house. "

    I loved this so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you looked cute in those floral pants.

    But still. I feel ya on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh this is so good. I wanted to write some of my favorite lines but there are too many and I think I'd write the whole post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite post woah this gave me serious goosebumps. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. In that case I've thrown a few at myself for patterned pants lol

    This was way good

    ReplyDelete