Friday, September 4, 2015

/ˈinfənət/

the moon kisses my cheek when i visit him at 1:53. And if you listen close enough he sings at 2:05.

the grass whispers sweet nothing into my ear as i lay back and let the stars dissolve into my eyes filling my brain with wondrous thoughts of heaven and hell.

sometimes when i think of love i think of heaven. mostly i think of hell.

the earth seems to move much slower past 12 o'clock pm. maybe she's tired from a long day of running. maybe she's happy to let the reminiscers try to grasp her beauty. my spirit connects to the stirring she feels in the ground. that’s how she knows she’s eternal.

the wind seems so much thicker past 12:05. he runs his fingers through my hair when i stick my head out the window. he loves to get lost in my hair when i ride bike. especially a scooter.

my soul screams to be alive. it’s currently 1:05.

i’ve been told i have an old soul. she tells me she’s not ready to start forever. 

she’s deep like the ocean but fills with fire when notes start pouring into her ears. this poem sounds better when Matty Healy is kissing the deepest intents of my heart.

sometimes i wish i could live at 1:37 from now until forever.

i see your soul at 1:37. i see your soul trickle out when your eyes light up with laughter. i see your soul light up when you come home with messy hair and lips that have been sucked on. my soul leaps for joy when i let my hair make love with the wind. my soul feels with dread and delight when i sing curse words at the top of lungs.

i wish i could live in this moment for forever. my favorite song is playing and i don’t remember why im ever sad. there are too many things too be happy about. then i remember my grandmas face when she sobbed over my uncles casket. then i see the pain in my mothers eyes when she remembers how miserable my sister is. she can’t give up the bottle. someone told me life is too short to be sad. my soul reminds me she is forever.

she is forever.

we are forever.

i am forever because when i see the clouds i know they are means of transportation to a land so much more glorious then our smog filled reality.

that’s why my soul visits the moon. it reminds her of where she came from. it reminds her she’s all powerful. that’s why my soul loves 3:08. the stars do their best shinning while no one is critiquing them. they shine the brightest at 3:08. sometimes they shine a little bit brighter for me. they twinkle for my soul to tell her they miss her. to remind her she is loved at home. to remind her be good. so we can all shine, dance, sing and laugh at home. in a palace of all white. with grand marble floors that sparkle. i heard they sparkle the brightest at 3:08 am….







No comments:

Post a Comment